Welcome

Hello, and welcome to the next step in my post-military globe-trotting. Many of you followed my first blog (tonyrides.com) as I traveled the United States on my Motorcycle, riding over 18,000 miles and reaching 49 states and three countries.

In this next installment, my friend Jerod and I will be going abroad for an open-ended jaunt. We will start in the Middle-East at the end of February and see where the roads and the winds take us.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Drop it like it's Tzfat

We are back in Israel.  Tzfat to be precise.  I am on the worst keyboard ever, so I will keep it short.  After two relaxing days in the Amman we took a car to the border and came back to Israel.  Even at the checkpoint it is a big distrinction between the Jewish and Arab sides. 

Due to minimal public transport we decided to have a go at hitchhiking.  We first took a cab to town, hitched a ride to the Sea of Galillee, and took a shared taxi to a campground.  We spent the night in a deserted camp on the shore of the Galillee.  Today we got a total of 3 rides to take us to Tzfat.  Then a long walk up the hill to the old city where we are staying. 

After dropping our packs off we grabbed an old Yemenite dish that is a cross between a pizza and a crepe.  I always call it Yemenite Pizza.  I'd been jonesing for one since I was here last.  Anyway, we have a few relaxing days ahead of us with Shabbat, and maybe we can squeeze in a trip to the Golan Heights before Passover. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't folks shoot at one another on the Golan Heights?!? Keep your heads down! Sounds like you're finding it pretty easy & cheap to get around over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't folks shoot each other in SE Washington D.C.? We'll be OK!

    ReplyDelete